Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cheese Cake Supreme

Last night I baked this delectable treat. My test taster and I have agreed that it only not look tasty, it is.

Cheese Cake Supreme


1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crrackers
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup butter melted
3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
3 eggs, slightly beaten

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. For crust, in a bowl, combine crushed graham crackers, walnuts, the 1 tbsp sugar. Stir in melted butter.
This is what your crust should look like after mixing the butter in.
Press the crumb mix onto the bottom and about two inches up the sides of an 8 or 9 inch pie pan.
This is how it should look in the pie pan.


2. For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, the 1 cup sugar, the flour, and the vanilla with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in eggs.

This is what your filling will look like once mixed properly.
3. Pour filling into crust lined pan. Place pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes for an 8 inch pan and 35 to 40 minutes for a 9 inch pan, or until a 2 1/2 inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken.

4. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen the crust from pan sides; cool for 30  minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.

The finished product.
Note: As you can see, I added a cherry topping to my cheesecake. You can add any topping you want, or if not, have it plain. I also mixed in one cup of sugar with my crust on accident, but it still turned out yummy. I think you should tweak it until it comes out the way you like it when dealing with your crust.

Also if you either don't want to, or don't have the time, to make the crust by hand, you can always pick up one of those already made crusts from any grocery store. I just enjoy making everything by hand if I can. If you DO buy one of those already made crusts, just skip step 1 and go directly to step 2.
Hope you enjoy this recipe! As always if you disagree with it, please comment. I take all comments into consideration so I can better the recipe next time I make it, and be able to make adjustments where it needs it.



No comments:

Post a Comment